Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Salad was SOOOOO Freakin' Good Today!

Yeah, what the title says.  OMG!  That salad was delicious!  I had to do a little work beforehand to prep some of the ingredients (I pickled some red onions and boiled and pickled some beets---BTW, I pickle without sugar.), but the rest you can easily grab at local grocery stores.  All of the ingredients were squeaky clean and perfect for anyone trying to steer clear of animal products.  So, here's how you put together your very own Purple People Pleaser (Yes, I name my food.):

A few handfuls (or more) of spring mix salad
A handful (or 3) of shredded red cabbage
A handful of grape tomatoes, halved
One 1/2 Haas avocado, sliced lengthwise
Two heaping spoonfuls of pickled beets (I used a slotted spoon to avoid getting too much liquid in my salad)
Two heaping forkfuls of pickled onions
A pinch of blanched, slivered almonds
10-12 Trader Joe's Sesame Sticks

I made a dressing with freshly squeezed lemon juice and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.  Distribute the dressing evenly on your veggies and dig in! 

Freakin' delicious!!!!!  I'm having another one for lunch tomorrow!

If you try it and like it, let me know!

J*


No comments:

Post a Comment