Monday, January 20, 2014

14 Days to Freedom: Day 11

Day 11:                                                                                                                                                        

So I’m at it another day.  I started the day as usual.  After going to the bathroom, I reported to my full-length mirror to check my progress.  I’m pleased!  I swear!  I am shrinking like crazy!  Incredible!  I’m not a fanatic of the scale, so the one that I have is broken.  I have no idea how much I weigh.  I asked the doctor not to tell me, but he felt comfortable to tell me that I was 50-60lbs overweight…as if I didn’t already know.  Thanks for the reminder, Doc.  No, really, thanks for the reminder.  A wake-up call like that motivates forward movement.  At any rate, I look like I’m losing like 3-5 pounds per day.  Seriously.  So today, I got a little nervous about coming off of the fast.  I feel ready to begin my transition back to enjoying solid vittles, but I was feeling a little concerned about the idea of putting weight back on when I start eating again.  During my pre-fast visit, my doctor assured me that if I maintain a healthy diet sans dairy, processed and fried foods, excessive animal products, etc., while consistently maintaining a moderate level of physical activity, the weight will never return.  Never.  I trust him, but…I called my BFF/trainer, Ewuria Darley (CEO of www.wellspacefitness.com; Yes that was a shameless plug for my bestie, but she’s the bomb!  Check her out!) to vent, get a pep talk and solicit her expert advice.  Those are the benefits of having a BFF who doubles as your trainer.  She gives me just the right amount of pep and schools me on which fruits have the lowest glycemic index (she suggests apples, blueberries and raspberries), so that my transition is successful.  I’m feeling much more confident that I will continue to coast to 6-pack ab status and begin planning my transition. 
So, I’ve decided.  Saturday is the day.  One day shy of the 14-day mark, but I think it best considering I’m not sure how my body will respond to the transition.  I’d rather be at home just in case I have to set up a temporary residence in the loo.  I’m excited about next steps.
Status update:  My energy level is phenomenal. My tummy feels clean.  My skin and teeth are gleaming.  My hair feels softer.  My cellulite has stopped its daily fiestas, and I’m looking and feeling pretty hott!  Yes, with two t's.  I think this fast has awakened my dormant Diva.  She’s been resting peacefully since my first son’s birth, but she’s about to make a crucial comeback!  Spiritually, I’m feeling so much more alert and conscious of my life’s purpose, the impact of my and other’s actions on circumstances, etc.  I’m able to really see what matters...nothing but this moment.  Nothing else.   It’s all there is and all that will ever be.  I’ve accepted that and it feels extraordinary!!!  It makes me want to cherish every moment that I have and spend my life teaching others to do the same.  I am and I will.  Life is perfect and so am I no matter what I do or what I’ve done.  It all happened the way it was supposed to.  And I have a far greater appreciation for all of it now.  I’m so thankful. 

Tomorrow’s my last day.  For sure.  I’m ready!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment