Thursday, January 16, 2014

14 Days to Freedom: Day 7


Day 7:                                                                                                                                                                                
And on the seventh day...I wanted to rest (and eat), but I wanted to press through this process more.   I’m very much feeling like I want to make a really healthy meal for myself, but I find solace in cooking for the littles, reading and napping.  I hit the gym HARD today with my trainer and had boat loads of energy.  Backward walking on the treadmill with a 15 incline, uphill walking lunges, jogging intervals and some intense ab work were no match for me today.  In fact, I did a little extra.  I was proud of myself.  I guess borderline starvation has its benefits.   The cellulite cycle is still going strong, but I have a far more deflated mid-section and I’m beginning to see a glimmer of my pre-baby, work-out body!  I haven’t seen myself like this in almost 7 years!   I’m feeling (and looking) pretty good.  I’m making it a point to tell myself that I love myself as often as possible and believe it or not, it makes a difference.  I feel love everywhere that I go and people tell me over and over again that I‘m glowing.  The best part about this is I feel like I’m glowing.  I feel pretty awesome considering I haven’t had solid food in a solid week.  My skin breakouts seem to have taken their bows and left the stage and my skin has an orangish-rosey undertone that looks absolutely radiant!  I’ve traded dry patches and stretch marks for a smooth, glowing, Brazilian bikini babe-esque look and I actually stare at my skin in the mirror.  All of this has made me think of what I had been doing to my body for it to look the way it did pre-fast.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, I was far from a gremlin, but the changes that I‘ve made are obvious and significant. 

I’m still feeling a major connection with Spirit and I am hearing my inner voice crying out for me to make some major changes with regard to my health, my career and my faith.  I’m being urged to trust my inner voice and know that nothing will ever go wrong for me.  I’m seeing so many examples of people doing what they love in untraditional ways, and I’m inspired.  I’m getting messages left and right about how to break through my challenges and exercise courage and strength as I face them.  I’m being told clearly that the courageous road is not always cozy, but the destination is always desirable.  I’m so pleased with all that I’m learning and all of the growth that I feel myself making, but I’m strongly considering wrapping up the fast in 10 days rather than 14.  I’d still be proud of myself and I’d still feel like I’ve done my best.  I’ve got some time to think it through, but I’m definitely leaning that way.  I’m ready to chew again.

No comments:

Post a Comment