Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Banana Soy Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard

Mmmmmm.....my absolute favorite Summer (or Winter...or Spring...or, even Fall) treat is a tall, cold, refreshing banana milkshake from Johnny Rockets or any old-school diner or restaurant that specializes in shakes and malts.  They're just....GOOD!  Trouble is, they're not good for you.  So, last year, when I embarked upon my squeaky clean eating journey, I HAD to figure out a healthy adaptation of this yummy delight. 

Here's my far healthier version of the banana milkshake:

Original Silk Soymilk frozen into cubes (use 2-4 for one shake)
Original Silk Soymilk (4-6oz.)
1-2 frozen banana(s), sliced in half
Vanilla extract to taste
Blend until smooth.

Pour in your favorite cup, sip and enjoy!  Heavenly!

NOTE:  I've since replaced the soy milk with unsweetened almond milk and this recipe is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment