Friday, January 24, 2014

14 Days to Freedom: Post-fast Take-aways

Post-fast Take-aways:

Now that I’m back to eating my normal super-healthy and squeaky clean diet which is mostly organic, sans processed foods and animal products (for now at least; I can’t believe I don’t miss chicken and eggs yet!), I wanted to give a quick and dirty list of pros and cons I observed during and after my fast.   I hope that this offers a snapshot of my cleansing experience.   Here goes:

PROS
CONS
gLOWING COMPLEXION
HUNGER
DRASTIC INCREASE IN ENERGY
INCREASED PERSPIRATION (I KNOW IT’S GOOD FOR ME, BUT YUCK!)
DEEP, RESTFUL SLEEP
INCREASED DREAMING (ALTHOUGH THIS COULD ALSO BE A PRO)
UNLIMITED CLARITY AND AHA MOMENTS
LIGHT-HEADEDNESS DURING INTENSE EXERCISE
COST-EFFICIENT
FREQUENT VISITS TO THE POTTY
significant WEIGHT LOSS
 
LIGHT and happy FEELING
 
FEELING SPIRITUALLY CONNECTED
 
Huge dECREASE IN WORRY AND STRESS
 
CLEARer AWARENESS OF LIFE’S PURPOSE
 
INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY
 
GREATER RESPECT FOR SELF, OTHERS, NATURE, ETC.
 
INCREASED CONFIDENCE
rapid progress (great jump start for lifestyle change)
 
ODOR-FREE GAS (No one knows when I poot or burp unless it makes a noise.)
 
increased regularity
 

As you can see the pros far outweigh the cons.  I HIGHLY recommend trying this out.  I feel ridiculously amazing!!!  I feel clean, clear and connected!  It’s really indescribable!  Even if you feel like a full fast is too much for you to dive into, I suggest trying adding a simple green juice a day to your normal diet (check out the Bite For Your Life! page for recipes regulary), then perhaps eliminating processed foods and/or animal products one day per week while making some time for physical exercise, spiritual readings, prayer and meditation.  Try out healthy lifestyle changes at YOUR pace.  This process worked for me, but I realize that while we’re all created equally, we all have very different tolerances.  Experiment and see what works for you, and share your experiences here!  I’m sure all of the Starlights would love to hear all about it!
 
Twinkle and Beam, Starlights!
 
J*

No comments:

Post a Comment