Wednesday, January 22, 2014

14 Days to Freedom: Day 13

Day 13:                                                                                                                                                                            

I ate and now my head hurts.  I wouldn’t wish this feeling on anyone.  This is the first day of my gradual transition back to my normal diet.  I thought I’d feel better than this.  I ate 14 blueberries about ¼ of an apple and a bowl of homemade kale and leek soup in addition to the liquid regime I’ve been following.  It’s a relief to finally have food, but who knew my poor head would have to pay for it.  I guess my body is in shock.  I’m not as ravenous as I thought I’d be, but I tell you, I’ve never tasted a blueberry or an apple so delicious in my life!  It was absolutely heavenly to taste something other than tea, diluted veggie broth, juice and water.  I have such a greater appreciation for food.  Really!  It’s like a gift every time I chew now!  This experience has put things into a brand new perspective for me.  I have so much more to appreciate! 

I still feel pretty connected spiritually, but I’m not feeling the same high as I did earlier in the process.  I’m wondering if blueberries, apples and soup can really have that much of an impact on my spiritual connection or if I’m just dealing with the transition.  I do feel as though I’m in mourning a bit.  Although I welcome the food, I miss the fast.  I miss the sacrifice.  It felt good to sacrifice for my growth.  No, it felt phenomenal to sacrifice for my growth.  I’m so thankful that this practice was introduced to me for it will forever be a part of my life and spiritual routine.  For all the benefits that I’ve experienced, it is definitely worth the headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment