Saturday, February 15, 2014

Yum-yum Gimme Some MORE Mixed Greens and Edamame Salad

I did it!  Tonight, I made one of the yummiest salads I've EVER made in my LIFE!  OMG!  It was INCREDIBLE and super easy to make!  It was a mixed greens and edamame salad with a homemade ginger-soy vinaigrette.  If you like anything Asian, you have got to, Got To, GOT TO try this!  I want to make another one right now, but that would just be greedy!  I'm definitely having it again for lunch tomorrow though!  Because of how I feel about it, I'm calling this one the Yum-yum Gimme Some MORE Mixed Greens and Edamame Salad.


Salad

Fresh mixed greens salad, chopped
Red cabbage, shredded
Grape tomatoes, halved
Matchstick carrots
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 serving of edamame, shelled


Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette

Juice from 1/4 lime
3 tbsp. of Bragg's Liquid Aminos
3 tbsp. of Rice Vinegar
Garlic powder, ground ginger and raw honey to taste
(This is totally optional, but if you're into spicy food, add a dab of wasabi paste to the vinaigrette.)

Toss veggies in vinaigrette until covered and top with 1 tbsp. of blanched slivered almonds and 1/4 serving size of Trader Joe's sesame sticks.  Allow salad to sit with dressing for 2-3 minutes before eating.  This will be the longest two minutes of your life, but trust me, it is totally worth it!!!!  Once you dig in, you'll be thanking me! 

Bon appetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment