Wednesday, February 5, 2014

21-Day Move and Shape Challenge: Day 11

Starlights,

It is with the deepest sincerity that I tell you that I didn't want to work out today...but I did.  I feel like this is a bit of a theme.  I am changing that.  I felt really drained, and I just wanted to go home and curl up in a blanket and sip some organic chamomile tea with agave nectar and soy milk from the biggest mug I could find in my cabinets while mindlessly surfing the internet for things that I don't need or intend to buy, but filling online shopping carts with the items anyhow.  Yes, this is a real pastime and I enjoy it, but my commitment to me would not allow me to play hooky from my training session.  I had to do it.  Although it took especially long to change my clothes in the locker room and get my mind around the idea of training today, I did it.  Boy, did I do it. 

I ran uphill at 6.5 and 6.8mph in 45 second intervals, a few sets of chest presses, rows, walking lunges, reverse crunches, traditional crunches...and more.  I really pressed through my fatigue and gave it my best despite multiple inklings to quit and retreat to my tea and ' net surfing.  It does help that I have the best trainer ever because she helped to keep me motivated and would not allow me to stop no matter how sad or annoyed I looked. 

So, Starlights, if I can do it, so can you!  Fight through the days when you're least motivated or most tired.  Those are the days that count the most because on those days we show our dedication to our commitment to ourselves.  We deserve optimal health and strength, and each day we push through the voices in our heads and fatigue dragging our bodies down, we conquer the possibility of regret and move closer and closer to our goals!

We can do it when we put our minds and hearts and bodies into it!  Let's prove it! 


Twinkle and Beam, Starlights!


J*

No comments:

Post a Comment